EFSAS event in the European Parliament: 'CPEC - East India Company Mark 2?'
The European Foundation for South Asian Studies (EFSAS) is organizing an event in the European Parliament on the 7th of November 2018 in Brussels, titled 'CPEC - East India Company Mark 2?'.
A group of international experts will deliberate upon the larger impacts of the CPEC in the region of South Asia and whether it has the marks of another East India Company for the State of Pakistan and its people.
The event will be moderated by Mr. Junaid Qureshi (Director EFSAS), and the speakers will include:
- Mr. Geoffrey Van Orden - MEP, Chair of the Delegation for Relations with India and Vice-Chair of the Special Committee on Terrorism.
- Dr. Paul Stott - Lecturer at the University of Leicester and in the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy at SOAS, University of London and EFSAS Research Fellow.
- Prof. Matthew McCartney - Director of the South Asia Programme and Professor in the Political Economy and Human Development of India at Oxford University.
- Mr. Burzine Waghmar - Member of SOAS, University of London, Centre for the Study of Pakistan, Centre for Iranian Studies, Middle East Institute and EFSAS Research Fellow.
- Dr. Dorothée Vandamme - Research Associate at the University of Louvain, Centre for the Study of Crises and International Conflicts, Research Fellow at Genesys Network and EFSAS.
- Mr. Fernando Burgés - Programme Manager at the Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organization (UNPO).